Tuesday, November 03, 2009

X Factor isn't so new...

Ok so while I still ponder many lyrics etc etc (blah blah blah!)...

I realised something on my way home this evening that as much as i can't not stand X Factor or any other show of the same breeding it is just a public version if used to/still happening to find the lastest pop culture taste...

Look at Take That, Blue and most other boy bands (and girl groups) and you find 4-5 people all auditoned from different parts of the uk to come together and form what could be the next big thing...

In my musical taste just allow a few of these made up groups into my iTunes collection... Then why can I object to the 'reality' shows just making a process I'm ok with open to more public opinon than it would have gotten in the 90s?

I'm not excusing these shows, I still think they are rubbish and a waste of money for a result I am rarely happy with... But if the same created 'bands' are to be churned out tv program or not, maybe it is a good thing it's done in the watchers' view?

I roll my eyes that I've said 'ok' to the x factor- a show I never watch but find myself asking for key weekly phases to keep in vouge with conversations....

Noise to express my annoiance... GAH!

X

No comments: