Friday, June 23, 2006

Only 16 different templates?

“Quick, ingenious, good and many things. Stimulating company, alert, outspoken. May argue for fun on either side of a question. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems, but may neglect routine assignments. Apt to turn to one new interest after another. Skilful in finding logical reasons for what they want.”

This is who I am according to the test we did at college, and I have to say I am pretty please, it seems to have me in a good light! And is in fact quite close to who I am… however… it has faced me with a little problem, its like the horoscopes, this test has 16 different categories, does that mean there is only 16 different types of people? Likewise with the horoscopes, are there only 12 different people in the world according to that?

I don’t have the aim of rubbishing anything, but I find it hard to believe people can really be generally defined in such a few words, ok I recognise there are a few more ways of breaking it down further, more complex ways of defining a person. But aren’t we not who we are, the one and only, shouldn’t we all fight to be ourselves, celebrate our diversity. Smile at the differences?

I find it hard to understand that our maker made us from 12/16 basic templates.

Hmmm…

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats a good point! Do we sometimes feel the need to conform to something and convince ourselves that it matches us and then think wow th works actually works......if Im making sense