Friday, May 04, 2007

Trying to work... but had to show you my week...

Once again another week is nearly over and my productivity levels are that high on the college front... but i have been thinking lots... which does help (some how)... but i have been able to have a good week on the old live music front...

MONDAY- Maximo Park (with Art Brut supporting)

and oh how good the park were... i have been waiting a long long looong time to see them and they did not fail me!
As most people who know me will know there are only a few bands i would happily follow around the world to watch... i wont name them cos you jusy should know... but Maximo Park are now on that list with a HUGE tick and gold star rating!

Art brut were good too... its nice to enjoy the music from the start of the evening! And of course anyone who can make me giggle has to get votes... and Eddie Argos did do that!
And so onto my second dose of live music

WEDNESDAY- Justin Nuzoka (with The Cedar as support)

I know is will be a good gig when the venue is so small even the people at the back are also at the front... and The Croft in Bristol did that well.

So i knew and still dont know much about Justin other than he was born in the USA and is far too young for me to find attactive (18).... But my goodness that boy can sing!! A very tallented guy who deserves to go far, i only own one track of his (free from itunes) but the songs he sang on wednesday shows the depth of language and experience you wonder were it comes from...
I know i am a big wimp when it comes to anything that has a chance of making my cry, but the emotion some of his songs had was powerful (but the tears did manage to stay in my eyes for once!)

The support act were just as good... The Cedar, folk music and clearly tallented... and i now own their CDs.... look out for them!

better go and do some work...

x

LISTENING TO- Art Brut, fight

No comments: