Saturday, December 19, 2009

it's just 11 weeks...

Yep... 11 weeks since my dad died and I've had a lot to work out, think over, put into act and react to in every aspect of my life...

All this makes me ponder if I am numb to somethings or I just have a delyed reaction...

There are somethings can't write in my blog as it's not fair on those involved...

But I can say is my pain I've felt at times hasn't been softened at the times I've expected...

And so Christmas is here in less than one week it's a landmark in my life... bigger than many that have gone before... In all honesty I'm not sure how to prepare for it, but while that's something I dislike at the best of times, it's part of the package...

I just need to take things as they happen, we can no more prepare for the death of someone than the fallout afterwards... But being ready for the unknown can help... How that works I am unsure of though!

Tomorrow I preach at the churches nativity, the core to Christmas is love- more love than we can ever comprehend. No matter if you have a Christian faith or not you can still recognise the heart of the story is God acting out his plan to reunite what was separated... By giving a sacrafice that means more than anything else, His son...

Love in action

No matter where we are, no matter what you believe, no matter what is happening may this love be shown to you.

X

Listening to: mountains by biffy clyro

No comments: