Monday, October 09, 2006

Why is blogging important?

So anyone who has wondered over my pages over the past few months we realise i havent been blogging of late...
and i have to ask why i still have a site...
why do i will i should have one? is there a need? is it just a good practice to have? talking to anyone who is willing to read and maybe comment... or is it having the accountability to write your thoughts and hope you can establish something meaningful sometimes...

Why do we blog and what did we have before this?

penpals? are blogs impersonal letters with less responsiblity?

I dont have the answers... i dont know if we can every get them... i dont know if i reallly care... but i still have a small resonsilbily to keep this open, to keep writing... to keep waiting... a friends blog i read earlier was asking as Christians how can we act like Christians in this culture without losing our salt and blending into the back ground... could blogging be part of our actions? typing what God is doing/done and will do is a witness of the heart... something no one can deni!

x

1 comment:

Piet said...

i read your blog, and it is often insightful and thought provoking.

I quite like using blogging as an arena for reflective thought processing. Kind of a journal (course type) but in my mind it's more fun to write. I have even used blogs i've written for a journal before.

if blogging wasn't around I think i might be doing something like journaling (normal kind) more often. I find it quite useful to have a place to write, a place to solidify my thoughts.