Saturday, February 03, 2007

Its simple but amazes me...

Today sees a new journey for the Church to whom i am a member of...
Today we 'inducted' our new paster Mr Gary Woodall...
And he is an amazing and blessed man, i knew him from when i was a child myself, and my parents knew him too. A Great visionary who looks like it bringing a new wave of excitement with him into the church, Nailsea Baptist.
During the service is was said more than a few times that as a church we need to be careful we dont just sit back and wait for God to do his thing in Gary, but that God was to do he thing with all of us, just at some points Gray will be the director under God's call.
The bit that amazes me just how much it is clear God is walking, living and breathing alongside us both indivudally and as a group, as a church, as a body of Christ.
We embark on a new part of our journey and it excited me just how i will be used... this i guess is a personal thing and almost selfish, but when i realised i was called to be a youth worker i knew that at times it would be acting alone when i asked God where he wants me. However, this new part isnt lonely... but i do need to be reminded to look around and see the faces of the warm and kind hearted people to whom i work for and with.
So thank you for all who made me so welcome at the start and continue to hold me so dearly!
The vision i hold at the moment is everyone in a long line doing the 'monkey' walk (when you start with the same foot while linking arms and step over the person's foot and so on, not that clearly explained). We walk together, united under God's diection... what a wonderful place to be!
x
LISTENING TO- Rob dougan- will you follow me?

No comments: