Friday, February 15, 2008

Emotions again...

emotion

So two posts ago I spoke about how I was concerned how much I am ruled by emotion, and came to the conclusion that God can reveal more of him through our action and reactions.

But I have realised the last week that it isn't just my actions and reactions that concern me about my emotions...

This week I have been tired, dashing about to Cardiff, Oxford and Bristol have taken its toll on me on top of the normal dissertation, module and youth work worries and work load.

The impact of that is upon my relationships, I become ratty and an emotional mess (at time)... I recognise that this happens to the best of us, and we all need to know and learn how to handle things. The stresses of our lives can easily dictate what we are and who we become...

and it is this that annoys me, I don't like who I turn into... but I want to fight against this... but it is bigger than just making sure I smile at the right time (which is a cover/mask, which cant be good) but making sure I don't get to the point that I need to set the mask up in the first place...

The whole Sabbath thinking, of resting the 7th day, taking time out to rest with God. Our lives in  this culture mean 'on the go' is taken to the extreme... having a whole day to rest and simply 'be' with God seems like an impossible task...

But I'm not going to make excuses, but highlight that this is something we all should reach for, something we need to make happen, for our relationships with God and the people around us we need to claim the opportunities  to find that peace...

X

LISTENING TO- watching BBC iplayer

No comments: